Wednesday, May 26, 2010






All right, so a few people have been asking me about Ezra's nursery. It started with an antique nail bin that Mark and I bought at the Round Top antique festival last year. It has been stashed with all sorts of antique finds from this year's festival as well as a few new and re-used pieces. The walls were our idea, but I was not terribly motivated to paint while pregnant so we passed that job to the professionals. Speaking of professionals, the inspiration for the room was really the fabric used for the curtains and bed which my mom (with the help of dad and Monica) turned into an absolutely gorgeous original set. I could go on and on about how beautiful, fun and perfect it all is...but instead I'll just let you look at the pictures. (And I threw in the sleeping smile I caught from Ezra yesterday).


Let's see, the futon was a re-use piece from Mark's bachelor days. And the bed is new as are the lamps. The changing table is an antique piece from Pennsylvania (I'm sure the dealer would be not so thrilled to hear of its current purpose), and the shelving is a chicken coup that my dad rigged with shelves for cloth diaper paraphernalia. The corner dresser was in my bedroom growing up and the rug came from our trip to visit Ryan and Laura in Istanbul. It's so soft! I contributed a painting of Ezra's name that I made while passing the time in early labor at home, but it is not hung yet. The green letter "E" is from an old JcPenney and Co. sign and the tiny rocking chair in the middle of the room was Mark's mom's as a little girl. So Ezra is the third generation to use it.

Anyway, enjoy the pics! This was the most fun I've ever had decorating a room....I just hope he likes it a loooooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment