Monday, April 26, 2010






Let's see, just a little over a week until the due date...but who really knows when that will be. Praise to God and thanks to all those who prayed that our little guy would not show up this weekend while Mark was on call. I can finally relax and finish packing my hospital bag now. Mark says that it is his turn to carry around the baby, and I agree! I'm not desperate yet or terribly uncomfortable (thank you prenatal yoga videos) so others have told me he's not ready to show his little face yet. Blast! I will work on my best face of desperation this afternoon to speed things along.

We had our final baby showers this weekend. This little guy has been showered enough to float from New York to London, and I think we are finally close to the diapering artillery needed to care for his little tush upon arrival. After 5 minutes of adjusting one all-in-one diaper to fit a newborn I'm fairly convinced that I could probably blog just on the topic of cloth diapering once he arrives....and I haven't even pre-washed them yet! I'll keep you updated on that one. My favorite gift of the weekend came in the form of baby Mark in a car seat. Sarah, Mark's mom, made a stuffed baby version of Mark and slapped a life sized version of his cute little face while still in the hospital on the fake baby's head. Then he was gently placed in the car seat to greet me at our baby shower. We will have to put our little one ( the real baby b that is) in the same outfit and compare look-alikeness after his arrival.

Pray with us in the final days of anticipation that we would be filled with peace, hope and joy....and be well rested because goodness knows that won't last!

1 comment: