Tuesday, November 10, 2009



For the last week in October, Mark and I flew down to Houston to be with the family for the weekend. It was a quick trip, but I will hopefully be seeing all of them again soon. My three nephews were C3P0, Jango Fett, and Darth Maul....so of course I had to be princess Leia. Though I'm pretty sure she was never pregnant in any of her movies. My favorite moment was at Black Walnut in Rice Village where all three boys were in my lap or surrounding me and asking to "see" and "touch the baby. They all had their hands on my tummy at one time and Sam was the first to assure me, "I feel that baby aunt Steph. It's tiny."

My sister has encouraged me to be writing down all the crazy pregnancy stuff that happens each week to keep a record to refer to next pregnancy or just to show our little one how much love and work went in to making him/her and their little apartment for 9 months. This past week, for example, I got ill in 3 different maternity stores and had to christen their bathrooms with the contents of my tummy. It happened again, while I was driving in traffic. Thank goodness I had not cleaned out my car and still had a partially empty coffee cup nearby.

Also, I am trying to scan in a picture of our last ultrasound, but to no avail. Our next midwife visit will include my mom and dad since they will be in town for Thanksgiving. Did you know you can buy those doppler machine things for around $70? No kidding, thats only a couple of co-pays added up, but I suppose I will leave it to the professionals.

And yesterday was our (mine and Mark's) 2nd wedding anniversary! We actually both forgot, even though we carpooled to work and ate breakfast together! I thought that didn't happen until after 10 years. We're just ahead of the curve. We celebrated with a great dinner and Mark bought our family 10 photo sessions over the next 5 years for family portraits! And how embarrassing that I only got him a T-shirt. I suppose that "we're on a budget" thing only applies to Christmas and birthdays. Ha, he loved his shirt though so hopefully I'll have a picture of him in it for our next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment